Go to: => TOP Page; What's New? Page; ROAD MAP; Search Page; Emmaus Ministries Page
[COMMENT: Below are pictures from the Sonora Desert area
in Arizona, with comments, received by email. This was emailed out to my
family creating a tumultuous
discussion... With a rejoinder... Some of my family were
stoutly defending the immigrants who, they think, are coming only to find a
better life. Well, of course, some are. But that is not the whole
story. See my response
to the tumultuous discussion, and other material at the
1. We are all breathed sigh of relief the day the Senate defeated the Amnesty Bill, but the USA is still being invaded! We discovered one of the biggest layups we have ever found. This layup is on an 'illegal super highway' from Mexico to the USA (Tucson) used by human smugglers. This layup area is located in a wash area approximately ¼ of a mile long just south of Tucson.
2. We estimate there are over 3000 discarded back packs in this layup area. Countless water containers, food wrappers, clothing , and soiled baby diapers. And as you can see in this picture, fresh footprints leading right into it. We weren't too far behind them.
3. As I kept walking down the wash, I was sure it was going to end just ahead, but I kept walking and walking, and around every corner there was more and more trash.
4. More of the same....
5. And of course the trail leading out of the layup area heading NORTH to Tucson,then on to your town in tomorrow. They've already come through here . Is this America the Beautiful - Or another landfill? The trash left behind by the illegals is another of the Environmental Disasters to hit the USA Had this been done in one of our great Northwest Forests or Seashore National Parks areas there would be an uprising of the American people........ but this is remote Arizona-Mexican border Out of sight, out of mind.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *