Go to: => TOP Page; What's New?; ROAD MAP; Contact Us; Search Page; Emmaus Ministries Page
Congressional Reform Act - 2012
[COMMENT: This email below seems outlandish today, but this is what the founding fathers wanted for our governors. Better to end Social Security (rather than put congressional reps into it), along with the Federal Reserve and IRS. And limit the government, at all levels, to being our referee, and little more than that. No tenure means term limits for most, perhaps all, elected officials, and drastic (perhaps complete) reduction of government by administration (with also perhaps term limits), and strict accountability to principles and directives of the Declaration and Constitution. E. Fox]
Tenure / No Pension. A Congressman/woman collects a salary while in
office and receives no pay when they're out of office.
2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security. All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.
3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
6.. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women are void effective 12/1/12. The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen/women.
Congress made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term (s), then go home and back to work.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Date Posted - 08/25/2012 - Date Last Edited - 08/25/2012