Go to: =>
What's New? Page;
Emmaus Ministries Page
Ron Paul's Health Care Bill
[COMMENT: This makes enormous sense to me. A
genuine freemarket is the Godly way to have an economy, not the dishonest and
deceptive "free trade" about which globalists and conniving politicians talk
about, which is a fascist collusion between big international corporations and
Government is to be our referee, not a participant in
commerce. An honest referee cannot participate in the game -- total
conflict of interest. Get government out of commerce and
welfare and education. Totally. Back to being the referee
D o w n s i z e r - D i s p a t c h
Change the political environment. Recruit more Downsizers. Share this
message with others.
Quote of the Day:
"There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not
want merely because you think it would be good for him."
-- Robert Heinlein
Subject: Ron Paul's health care bill
Why we need Congressman Paul's bill . . .
- Would you like a refund on your taxes for every dollar you spend on
health care, including your insurance premiums?
- Would you like to pay less for health insurance, while having more and
more money to fund your own health care?
- Would you like to see health care expenses go down, while quality
- Congressman Ron Paul has a bill that would accomplish all of this: the
"Comprehensive Health Care Reform Act" (H.R. 3343).
Please urge Congress
to pass this bill.
The federal government owes $53.3 trillion in unfunded liabilities for Medicare
and Social Security. Instead of figuring out how to fund these commitments, the
politicians keep promising more spending, especially on health care.
It's important to understand that government health care spending is the real
cause of America's health care crisis. Government already pays for nearly half
of all medical care in this country. This makes government the primary
determiner of health care prices . . .
Health care costs are soaring because the prices are set by bureaucrats
and lobbyists, instead of by free market competition.
- Bureaucrats decide what the government will pay for any given procedure
- Lobbyists influence the prices the bureaucrats set
- Insurance companies then follow the government's lead in terms of what
they will pay
To better understand how damaging this is just look at what's happened to the
cost and quality of Lasik eye surgery, which isn't funded by the government, or
insurance . . .
According to the federal government's Bureau of Labor Statistics the
price for Lasik surgery has dropped from $2,106 in 1999 to $1,626 in 2004!
The quality has also improved dramatically, even though the cost has fallen.
The same could be true for all health care procedures if prices were set by free
market competition, instead of by bureaucrats and lobbyists.
But the problem gets even worse. Government tax polices have created incentives
that tie most people's health insurance policies to their employer. This means
"your" insurance companies work for your boss, and not for you. Losing your job
could mean a catastrophic loss of medical care.
America's health care crisis is entirely the creation of the politicians
in Congress. And now they want to use the crisis they've created to
grab still more power and money, at a time when the government is facing a
Congressman Ron Paul has introduced a bill that would solve these
problems, immediately. His "Comprehensive Health Care Reform Act" (H.R.
3343) would . . .
Of course, neither the insurance companies nor the health care lobbyists want
these changes, so you will have to fight for them. Do three things . . .
- Give you a 100% refund from your taxes of every dollar you spend on
medical care, including insurance premiums.
- Make it easier for your employer to deposit the money it now gives to
the health insurance companies into a Health Saving Account that would
belong to you
- This money would come to you tax free -- you could use it to fund your
health care and your insurance premiums
- This means your health insurance would belong to you, not your employer
- You would have the money to pay small medical expenses with your Health
Savings Account, which would allow you to reduce your insurance premiums by
buying a Major Medical Plan, instead of a Cadillac Plan
- You would also earn interest on the money in your Health Savings
Account, tax free -- you would get this interest instead of the insurance
companies getting it (collecting interest on premiums is how the insurance
companies make their money -- these profits could be yours instead)
- Plus, you would become your doctor's customer, instead of the government
or your insurance company being your doctor's customer
- This would place the consumer in charge, creating competition that would
lower prices and improve quality
Thank you for being a part of the growing Downsize DC Army.
D o w n s i z e r - D i s p a t c h
is the official email list of DownsizeDC.org,
Inc. & Downsize DC Foundation
* * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * *